We’re going to cut straight to the good stuff and list for you 5 reasons why it’s essential to get moving, stay active and exercise.
- Stress less and feel good – exercise is a positive mental distraction from all the daily stresses. During exercise our brain releases hormones that are responsible for us feeling happy (Endorphins) and these contribute to your mental wellbeing and positivity
- Metabolic boost – your body will burn more calories during a session of decent intensity and duration, in fact some sessions it will keep burning for up to 48 hours post session. Sure beats sitting on the lounge
- Better Carbohydrate handling – Post exercise we not only become more sensitive to insulin, but our body is also primed to take carbs for recovery as it has just used the carbohydrate stored within our muscles for energy during the session. The stars align in this moment for optimum utilisation of the carbs you’re consuming
- Improved brain function – this is not just us trying to tell you something to talk ourselves up, this has been researched. Off the back of as little as 15 minutes of cardiovascular activity, you can experience improvements in cognitive function, memory and reaction times.
- Better nights sleep – the bodies number one and all natural recovery mechanism, sleep is improved with exercise. Most people will find that a tough exercise session should not only help you get to sleep easier, help set you up for a deeper sleep too. Just me mindful that training too close to bedtime might have you wired for a little while, before you’re ready to relax and chill.
BUT HERE’S THE BIG ONE – we said 5 but we will throw in a bonus cause exercise is just so damn good for you
- Maintain a healthy immune system!! Exercise can reduce inflammation in the body as well as support infection fighting cells. Add that to the fact that most of the points above all point towards supporting a healthier human and we hands down have a better immune system.
We could go on….but we’re going to stop it here. There’s a heap of information on how to maintain good health in our FREE E-BOOK, PPT’s guide to Good Health. You can download it here, it even includes some great at home workouts so you can start to experience the benefits above too.