Our body is naturally equipped with a self defence mechanism in our immunity system. To keep it running as best as possible here are 5 things you can do TODAY:
- Eat real food as much as you can. Think fruit, veggies, grains, legumes, and minimal to zero processed foods. Processed foods can be pro-inflammatory and that’s not what we’re after.
- Change up your bedtime routine to promote a better nights sleep. Some options here reduce device use, earlier bedtime, no coffee after midday, or do some meditation.
- Try and maintain a well balanced diet. Food group exclusion is pretty popular, but unless medically necessary, you might be doing more harm than good. If you don’t need to cut out/reduce your intake of certain vitamins, minerals, or reducing an entire macros, then don’t.
- Do some form of exercise daily as a way to keep your emotional/work stress at bay. While hard training sessions are a stressor on the body, the impact of life’s other environmental stresses can be quite potent. Movement really is medicine in the way it can promote positivity within one self, so get moving.
- Don’t fall for the quick fix in a bottle. This one is more of a Public Service Announcement, but one we feel really strongly about. If you don’t have the basics in place (steps 1 – 4) an “Immune Booster pill” will make a dent in your wallet and that’s about it. Look at your diet, get your exercise in , and make adjustments to your overall lifestyle first if you want maximum benefits.
Just improving one of these aspects of your lifestyle will make you feel great, put it all together and you will feel AMAZING!
If you’re thinking we sound like we would be the right type of coach for you, telling it to you straight and getting you results, then get in touch here. Keen to read more form our team, get more information on health and fitness, head to OUR BLOGS.