Trainers: Katie Corrigan and Sean O’Shea
Brittany came to PPT seeking athletic development specific to her sports of swimming and Royal Pool Lifesaving (or Surf). At the time, Brit was already a State and National Level athlete, but wanted to get the leg up on her competition.
Initially, as with all of our athletes, we started with a series of specific structural balance assessments and analyses. Through this approach we were able to identify any weaknesses and mobility limitations that needed to be addressed, and ensure safe and effective strength progression. Individual programming was then developed, and a periodised plan put in place, working to peak Brit for events within her competition schedule.
Always a hard worker, Brittany’s training schedule at PPT consist of one personal training, and one group personal training session each week. This is of course in addition to MANY other training sessions within a given week.
Well done Brit!
Through training at PPT I have achieved many goals; both physically and mentally.
I am now able to push further and longer in my racing, especially in my ‘back-end’ of events, which is where I lacked the most before coming to PPT.
I love training and the atmosphere at PPT and cannot thank my trainers Katie and Sean enough for the effort they put in me and for pushing me to my limit!
In my 18 months training at PPT, in 2014:
- I have achieved many State and Metropolitan medals.
- National Finalist at Australia Age Swimming Championships in 100 Backstroke (6th).
- 2014 State Age Short Course Swimming Championships: one Silver and two Bronze
- I was Selected to represent NSW on our State Team at the Australian Royal Pool Lifesaving Championships. This was my first ever National Pool Lifesaving Event in which I won three Gold, one Silver and two Bronze.
- 2015 State Age Championships I won a Bronze medal and improved many personal best times.
Brittany and her trainer Katie showing off a few of the medals from last years events.