November is here!
So too are the Christmas parties, lunches, brunches, school parties, friendly get togethers, long overdue catchups, holidays, movie dates with friends, afternoons at the beach, pool parties, holidays, and anything else that gives us Aussies an excuse to gather and be social.
Its fun! And so it should be.
So while you have spent the past however long trying to be the best, healthiest version of yourself, getting fit and looking a million bucks, the reality is you can unravel and undo a lot of your hard work quickly with a few very loose weeks of celebrations.
You need a plan.
Here are our some of the ways all of us at PPT manage to enjoy and maintain
- Stay active! This time of year is a good time to have a short rest from your usual training, recharge the batteries and come back as fired up as ever. But even if you are on a rest, still stay moving. Do some other form of physical activity, maybe even try something different
- Plan your nutrition days in advance, cut back a touch on everything but your protein and give yourself a buffer so you average the week pretty much in line with where you would have been anyway
- If you don’t want to have a drink, don’t! Make yourself designated driver, that’s always a great way to stay sober.
- Manage your willpower and take some simple measures to not overindulge. If you know the food won’t be what you want to eat, have something prior or pack a protein bar. NEVER show up starving! Perhaps even RSVP that you will attend after the meal, that sorts that out easily!
- Give yourself an allowance of “indulgent food” for the event. This shouldn’t really exceed more than 10% of your daily calorie intake so stay sensible, but stay on track.
- Save some carbs for the celebration. Think of any alcohol you consume as a carbohydrate, only there is ZERO nutritional value to drinking. Its all calories, and none that you can be used for good
- Get back on track as soon as possible. Don’t write off and entire weekend over one meal. Hit that reset button and keep on going.
Follow these steps and you won’t be one of the thousands out there making the new year’s resolution to lose weight.
PPT has helped many clients like you get the health and fitness results they were after. Want more info, simply click here and our team will be in touch.